Photo of a grandmother with her grandson on a nature walk.
All conference attendees are asked to adhere to the most current COVID-19 public health guidance from the California Department of Public Health.
Photo of a man washing his hands.
Effective April 20, 2022, all individuals, regardless of vaccine status,
are strongly recommended to wear a mask indoors.
Please note that this page may be updated to reflect changes in public health guidance as well as the response from event organizers.
General COVID-19 Policies
All event attendees are asked to follow federal, state, and local guidelines regarding COVID-19, including:
- Avoid attending if you are sick or have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Avoid attending if you have been advised to quarantine or isolate by a health care provider or a public health official.
- If you develop signs and symptoms of illness while at the event, please seek medical assistance as appropriate.
- Maintain and follow physical distancing directives.
- Wear masks or facial coverings when and where suggested (or mandated by the local health authority).
What Event Organizers Are Doing to Keep You Safe
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available onsite for all attendees.
- Touchless temperature checks will be administered by event staff upon check-in.
- Conference seating will be arranged to accommodate for physical distancing.
COVID-19 Safety at the SAFE Credit Union Convention Center
- Touch-free, hand sanitizing stations are provided in all approved public space areas and/or common areas, including but not limited to, main lobby and event space entrances, food service areas, stairs, elevators, and escalator landings.
- SAFE Credit Union Convention Center is GBAC STAR Certified. As the cleaning industry's only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation, The Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation is the gold standard for prepared facilities. GBAC STAR™ helps organizations establish protocols and procedures, offers expert-led training, and assesses a facility's readiness for biorisk situations. The program verifies that the SAFE Credit Union Convention & Performing Arts District implements best practices to prepare for, respond to and recover from outbreaks and pandemics.
- Washing stations are available in all restrooms throughout the facilities. Each restroom has touchless sink faucets, toilet fixtures, and urinal fixtures to reduce cross-contamination and promote better hygiene throughout front-of-house and back-of-house areas. Health-conscious hygiene practices are vital to help prevent the spread infectious disease. All restrooms will be frequently and thoroughly disinfected during event hours.
- SAFE Credit Union Convention Center's HVAC systems are carefully managed to provide the appropriate amount of indoor air circulation and proper outside makeup air per industry standards, meeting Air Quality and OSHA requirements.
What to Do if You Become Sick with COVID-19
After Attending CA for ALL Ages & Abilities
Attending a large gathering or event increases your chance of exposure to COVID-19. If you come into close contact with someone with COVID-19 or become ill after attending the conference:
- Know when to quarantine or isolate.
- Get tested at least 5 days after the event.
- Notify event organizers. Your identity will not be shared with other attendees.
- Monitor your symptoms and seek medical attention as appropriate.